Isn’t it scary how fast time flies? I can still remember large chunks of 2001 – that was the year I entered 7th grade and had to do numerous posters for the most random things, like “Inventions” and still had to memorize vocabulary for spelling tests. And now, here we are in 2011 where I’m almost a month away from turning 22 (!!!) and flying to Washington DC where I’ll beging working as an intern at the Smithsonian. The past ten years have been a blur, filled with moments that I’ll always remember, ranging from the time I traveled around Europe with one of my best friends to days and nights I spent at my high school working on the school plays.
I’m a sucker for nostalgia so I had to put together a short playlist of some of my favorite songs from the past decade, with each song from each year. I’ll probably put together another playlist of my favorite childhood songs (BRITNEY! BSB! TLC! MARIAH CAREY!). In the meantime, enjoy this playlist!
the past 10 years
Direct link HERE
1. Nelly – Hot in Herre (2001)
2. Justin Timberlake – Rock Your Body (2002)
3. R. Kelly – Ignition (2003)
4. Shakin’ – Rooney (2004)
5. L.G Fuad – Motion City Soundtrack (2005)
6. Promiscuous – Nelly Furtado ft Timbaland (2006)
7. Silver Lining – Rilo Kiley (2007)
8. Paper Planes – M.I.A (2008)
9. Glass – Bat for Lashes (2009)
10. Basic Space – The xx
11. What You Know – Two Door Cinema Club